Last Updated by Baris Zeren on February 26th, 2023
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise…email is still one of the most effective and cost-efficient (if not the most effective and cost-efficient) marketing channels around. But only if your email campaigns reach the right audience with relevant, engaging messages they're interested in seeing. As a business owner, it's imperative to have access to high-quality (accurate and verified) email data to hit your target audience.
After reading this article—in which we'll take a deeper dive into what email data is, why it's so important, and the different types of email data available for purchase–—you'll see why buying email data can be a huge win for your business. We'll also take a look at the pros and cons of buying email data, best practices, and some common questions surrounding email data.
Table of Contents
- Buying Email Data: A Comprehensive Guide for Business Owners
- Understanding Email Data
- What Are the Benefits of Buying Email Data?
- How to Choose the Right Email Data Provider?
- Why Is Email Data Important for Businesses?
- Using Email Data for Cold Emailing and Lead Generation
- Types of Email Data You Can Purchase from Bookyourdata.com
- Pros and Cons of Buying Email Data
- Best Practices for Using Email Data
- What Is the Best Source to Buy Email Data From?
- Is It Legal to Buy Email Data?
- How Much Does Email Data Cost?
Understanding Email Data
Before we get into all the details, let's define email data. Email data is the information used to target and personalize your email marketing campaigns. This contact information often includes details such as name, email address, job title, company, location, and other types of demographics and technographics. With accurate and verified email data, you can customize your email campaign to the exact audience you want to receive your message.
What Are the Benefits of Buying Email Data?
There are several benefits to buying high-quality email data. Let's look at the bigger picture first. By purchasing email lists, you gain access to a larger pool of potential customers and sales leads. From a wide range of business contacts, you can then create a customized list that focuses specifically on those who may have an interest in your product or service. And when you buy email data from a reputable business, your lists are generally more accurate and reliable, meaning the contact information you receive is updated and relevant. Buying email data also offers time and cost savings compared to manually collecting email data; you have a business to run and grow, so your time is valuable.
How to Choose the Right Email Data Provider?
If you search “email lists for sale" online, you'll find a million companies boasting about how cheap their lists are. But when it comes to email data, you get what you pay for…and you don't want to waste money on B2B email marketing lists full of junk addresses and outdated contacts. Unfortunately, that's often what you get when you buy from a less-than-reputable business.
When choosing the right email data provider, the keys are data quality, data sourcing methods, and customer reviews. In other words, you want accurate and up-to-date email data that's been obtained legally and ethically and is valued by customers who have purchased it. When looking into purchasing email data, take a look at the company's data privacy and security policies to ensure all information—including yours—stay safe.
There are email data providers who will try to convince you to buy their lists for pennies per contact. But you don't really know what you're getting in return. Buying email data from Bookyourdata.com, on the other hand, is a wise investment because we provide the following:
- Unmatched accuracy: Both automated and manual processes ensure the accuracy of our human-verified lists.
- A 95% Deliverability Guarantee: If more than 5% of our emails bounce back, we'll provide credits for more data.
- Premium contacts: Contact from every angle by email, phone, postal address, and much more.
- Affordability: Our high-quality email lists enable businesses to make B2B connections for an amazingly low price.
- International connectivity: Establish contacts at companies in the US, UK, Canada, Europe, Asia, and more.
- Instant delivery: Download your CRM-ready email contact database within minutes.
Why Is Email Data Important for Businesses?
Email data is of critical importance to businesses because the return on investment (ROI) is quite amazing. Additionally, having high-quality email data allows your business to:
- Target the right audience. Get your messages to those who should see them so you can grow your business. Good email data helps you do so through demographics, location, and other information.
- Improve email open rates. When you target your emails—or better yet, personalize them—you'll notice increased open rates, especially compared to spam-like or generic emails that usually go unread by uninterested recipients.
- Increase conversion rates. Using email data to target your email campaigns to the right audience can help you turn those increased open rates into higher conversions because you know the recipients have interest.
- Maximize your time and budget. Email campaigns built upon subpar email data are destined to fail and waste your time and money. High-quality email data, however, gets your message to the right inboxes, increasing your chances for conversion.
Using Email Data for Cold Emailing and Lead Generation
Cold emailing and lead generation are two options when it comes to putting your email data to work for your marketing needs. If you're taking either of these approaches to email marketing, you want to be sure your email data is accurate and updated. BookYourData has you covered because our email lists and business contacts are constantly updated and carefully curated so your cold emailing campaigns reach the right audience.
- Cold Email: Cold emailing involves the use of high-quality email data (accurate email addresses, for example) to reach potential customers and sell your service or product. A successful cold emailing campaign also involves a total understanding of the customers that you email to and is generally personalized to each recipient. Additionally, it is arguably the cheapest email marketing method when used correctly.
- Lead Generation: Lead generation is the process of creating consumer interest in a product or service with the goal of converting that interest into a sale. With high-quality email data, your business can collect valuable information to create targeted email campaigns. Furthermore, lead generation allows you to segment your audience, which has been shown to improve conversion rates.
Types of Email Data You Can Purchase from Bookyourdata.com
Bookyourdata.com offers a wide variety of email data for smart businesses like yours to purchase. Some of our many categories include:
- B2B email data. A B2B database is the data you want if you're planning to target businesses with your message—company name, size, industry, and location. For instance, if you're looking to connect with professionals in the construction industry, you can purchase a high-quality construction email database from us. Perhaps you want to build awareness outside the country…we offer an international email database with millions of contacts across the globe. When you buy email data from Bookyourdata.com, you can be confident in your marketing efforts.
- B2C email data. While Bookyourdata.com does not provide consumer data or emails, we do offer email data lists that include the contact information of company employees, such as their name, title, job level, department, job function, direct business email address, LinkedIn profile URL, contact location, and more. As an example, if you're trying to market to the legal field, we offer an attorney email database full of high-quality lawyer contact information. Need to reach finance leaders? Purchase our CFO email data. If you're offering products or services within the medical community, invest in our physician's email database.
Pros and Cons of Buying Email Data
As with many decisions, the choice of whether to buy email data has its pros and cons. Let's look at both:
- Access to quality data: You won't find high-quality data everywhere, but with some research, you can certainly gain access to a business database full of accurate, verified contacts and email data.
- Time and money savings: As we discussed earlier, ineffective email campaigns caused by low-quality email data cost your business valuable time and money. When you purchase a high-quality B2B email list, you save both by getting your message to the right audience the first time around.
- Better email campaigns: When you use email data, you can hone in on your target audience by personalizing email campaigns, which leads to improved open rates, click-through rates, and conversions.
- Quality of data: Yes, data quality can be a pro, but it can also be a con if it's poor quality. Settling for cheap email data may save you a few bucks on the front end, but it's going to cost you more in the long run because you'll just wind up buying better-quality data at some point. Tip: Buy your email data from Bookyourdata.com—it's of the highest quality!
- Cost: Buying business email data can be expensive…especially if it's reliable and accurate. That's the best part about buying your business email database from Bookyourdata.com—you get high-quality email data at amazing prices!
Best Practices for Using Email Data
Having high-quality email address lists and verified leads is great. Still, you also need to make sure you're using it effectively and that you're in compliance with the various email marketing rules and regulations around the world. To do so, follow these best practices:
- Make sure you're only purchasing email data from reputable sources…do your research and read customer reviews.
- Ensure the data that you're purchasing from email list brokers is accurate, verified, and updated.
- Be sure that, when using your opt-in email lists, you provide an opt-out or unsubscribe option and that your email campaigns comply with all relevant laws and regulations, such as the CAN-SPAM Act and GDPR.
- Before sending out your marketing emails, make sure your email addresses are verified.
- Use your email data ethically and avoid spamming practices.
- Prior to purchasing your business email address lists, check to make sure it's easily integrated into your CRM for efficiency.
What Is the Best Source to Buy Email Data From?
Again, there are several email list providers out there, but not all are reputable. Find an email list broker that specializes in collecting and selling email data—and make sure that the provider's business email lists are verified and accurate and that the company has a good track record with customers. Just like Bookyourdata.com! Take a look at our online list-builder tool to see the cost of our email data.
Is It Legal to Buy Email Data?
Yes, it is completely legal to buy email data in the US, as long as you're using it ethically and are compliant with email marketing laws and regulations such as the CAN-SPAM Act and GDPR.
How Much Does Email Data Cost?
It all depends on a variety of factors, including the quality of data, how many contacts you're purchasing, and the type of data. The average cost for an email data list generally falls between a few cents and a few dollars per contact. At Bookyourdata.com, our email database cost starts as low as $89 for 250 contacts.
Investing in email data can be a boon for your business and your email marketing efforts. When you purchase an email database, you have the freedom to create targeted email campaigns tailored to your desired audience. Just be sure to do your research, find a reputable email list provider, follow email marketing best practices, and always stay in compliance with email laws—then watch your email campaigns succeed!